Chiropractor Berkeley Explains Gut Health
and the Three ‘T’s
By Dr. Sue Mullen, DC
When I give a chiropractic adjustment in Berkeley, I remove subluxations. My intent is to free your nervous system to conduct messages effectively to and from your brain to all the organs and tissues in your body. In short, a subluxation-free body is a body that can heal itself more effectively.
In my classes at The Good Life Chiropractic, I often talk about the three ‘T’s that cause subluxation. The same three ‘T’s influence gut health.
The three ‘T’s are Trauma, stressful Thoughts, and Toxins. All three tend to trigger the ‘fight or flight’ response of the sympathetic nervous system. These in turn can lead to poor digestion, gut bacterial imbalances, and bowel toxicity, which then can cause still other health problems.
Here are some simple things you can do to promote a healthy gut.
Some accidents are unavoidable, especially for people who travel, play sports, or even just commute to work. Still, there are things you can do to minimize the chances or the damage:
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Use protective equipment such as helmets and seatbelts whenever available.
- Look up, slow down. Enjoy your surroundings!
- Surround yourself with supportive people as much as possible.
- Limit your worries to things you can do something about (and then do it). As Ram Dass says, “Worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.”
- Practice gratitude.
- Meditate, “unplug” from television and social media, nourish your friendships, or take a nature walk.
- Choose to entertain healthy, beneficial thoughts. You do have a choice.
- Eat organic foods, filter your water, and minimize your exposure to everyday poisons in your home and workplace. Embrace a gut-healthy diet. (If you have questions, I can help.)
- A carcinogenic chemical, called Bisphenol A, is used to line food cans and plastic containers. Therefore, don’t eat anything in a bag, box or can. And, don’t drink anything in a plastic bottle.
- Bone broth has been “rediscovered” as an especially gut-friendly food. Here is helpful article explaining the benefits of bone broth.
- Most humans have an imbalance in gut microbiome. One simple way to stave off these imbalances is to ingest pharmaceutical-grade probiotics. Probiotics do not accumulate in the gut. You have to repopulate them on a regular basis.
- Your brain uses 20-25% of the body’s glucose and oxygen, but 40-45% is used by your gut! Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water a day and carry a stainless bottle of filtered water.
And of course….
- Get Regular Chiropractic Adjustments at The Good Life Chiropractic in Berkeley to enhance nerve transmissions to and from the digestive system as well as brain function.
In short, take the time and forethought to support the digestive system that supports you. You will feel so much better and enjoy so much greater health.
|Monday||8:30am - 12:30pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Wednesday||8:30am - 12:30pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||3:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 12:00pm|